Music is a common language all cultures share. You don’t need to understand what a vocalist sings to grasp the emotion of the melody.
That’s why understanding how important music is to each of us leads to a greater awareness of the common ground we share.
These quotes exemplify how essential music is to all of us.
Best Quotes About Music’s Importance
1. “The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with.” — Bruce Springsteen
2. “I’ve found that no matter what life throws at me, music softens the blow.” ― Bryce W. Anderson
3. “My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary.” ― Martin Luther
4. “Love is friendship set to music.” — Jackson Pollock
5. “Can a mere song change a people’s minds? I doubt that it is so. But a song can infiltrate your heart and the heart may change your mind.” ― Elvis Costello
6. “How is it that music can, without words, evoke our laughter, our fears, our highest aspirations?” — Jane Swan
7. “Country music is three chords and the truth.” — Harlan Howard
8. “Music is the soundtrack of your life.” — Dick Clark
9. “Music is the only thing I’ve ever known that doesn’t have any rules at all.” — Josh Homme
10. “Even if you can’t sing well, sing. Sing to yourself. Sing in the privacy of your home. But sing.” — Rebbe Nachman
11. “When we listen to music we are not listening to the past, we are not listening to the future, we are listening to an expanded present.” — Alan Watts
12. “Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” — Keith Richards
13. “Music has healing power. It has the ability to take people out of themselves for a few hours.” — Elton John